5 Best Drugstore Foundations for Oily Skin

Monday, October 01, 2018



I'm back with another blog post and this one is all about one of my favourite things besides fashion and that's makeup!!

My skin is very oily and acne prone and finding the right foundation that will give me great coverage,stay matte and last me all day has been a struggle. After a lot of trial and error I think I've finally found my dream team,and because your girl is a budget blogger they're all drugstore foundations.

In no particular order, I present to you the dream team:


























Now let me just say that the Maybelline Gods did the things with this foundation because wow guys I have no words to describe how amazing it is.
It is perfection,applies and blends really well,is full coverage and has a matte finish. I use a makeup brush or a beauty sponge to apply it and there is no difference in the finish I get. It has a yellow undertone which best suits my skin and just gives me a skin like look. Since it's a matte foundation it doesn't appear cakey/ashy on the skin which I really enjoy.
A massive plus for me with this foundation is that it doesn't oxidize on my skin and covers my acne scarring really well,even if I don't colour correct.The only downside I have with this foundation or rather with Maybelline is that they haven't released a good shade selection in South Africa.
With that being said I highly suggest you try this baby out if you haven't already!!



This Black Opal foundation is the ultimate plug and here's why:
It has amazing coverage (I don't even need to colour correct),has a yellow undertone which matches my skin perfectly,applies and blends really well,doesn't oxidize and gives me a flawless skin like finish EVERY.DAMN.TIME!!
This foundation isn't oily, it has a perfect consistency and applies really well whether you use a beauty sponge or a make up brush. I found that this foundation looks much better if I pat and buff it onto my skin than swiping and moving the product around, this method intensified the coverage and I used much less product to achieve my desired look.
It's a bit on the pricey side but it's definitely worth it and a little goes a long way. Did I mention that it's long lasting?


Rimmel,Rimmel,Rimmel what can I say about you? Mmmh first of all I'm still trying to understand the consistency of this foundation, it's so unexplainable you guys.
It's soft,light on the skin,oil free and super smooth, it's consistency is like nothing I've ever used before thus making it hard to explain. I struggled a bit with applying this foundation as I didn't know what tool to use to best apply because of it's consistency, I use a beauty sponge and that works best for me.
The coverage of this foundation is bomb.com however I found that I have to use 4 pumps to achieve my desired coverage, I don't know if I'm using the incorrect method in applying this foundation, let's just say it's a work in progress on my side.
Now the finish of this is honestly the best, it sits so beautifully on my skin and has a matte/satin like finish. When this foundation says it's a 25HR lasting finish I could actually believe it, although I haven't tested it's claims for 25Hrs (because gross who wears foundation for 25hrs?), the most I've worn this foundation was 9 hours,without retouching and wow I was impressed by the results.
I did experience oiliness around my t-zone it wasn't terrible and the foundation stayed in place, it didn't transfer and nje it did the things. If you have this foundation please share your tips on how you apply it because a girl is struggling.

I know what you're thinking, another Maybelline foundation? Yes another one (in Dj Khalid's voice) because Maybelline makes the pots to be done when it comes to foundation. I'm a mix between 330 toffee and 350 caramel because although 350 caramel is my exact shade it oxidizes that I have to mix it with 330. It has medium to a buildable full coverage finish (if I've colour corrected), it's matte but has to be set with a setting powder so it stays matte for longer.
I love that it's lightweight on my skin and since we're approaching summer it will be my go to everyday foundation.
It pairs really well with the Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder and I'm in the shade 350 caramel.
For a R99.99 foundation it has a lot to offer, has good coverage and is the perfect everyday foundation option.

This was the second foundation I used back in the day when I started out in this make up game and it's always found itself in my favs list.
I know you can't really see the shade swatched on my hand because it's such a great colour shade for my skin. Although it doesn't have a yellow undertone,it has a more of a red/orange tone it still blends and suits my skin really well.
This foundation takes being matte very seriously because wow is it matte,it does sometimes appear cakey/ashy on my skin if I've used my matte primer so be careful of doing that with this baby.
It offers great coverage, it oxidizes just a tiny bit darker on my skin but nothing a good highlighting concealer and setting powder can't fix and also feels lightweight on the skin.
Honestly when all fails I know this baby will always have my back and it's under R100 talk about fleeking on a budget?

Let me know what's your favourite drugstore foundation below and if you enjoy/use any of the foundations mentioned on this post.

Laters
Miranda_Dlamini x♡

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Ads

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe