Current Products 2016

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Current Products 2016


Hey guys,
I've been a bit MIA but my life has been crazy lately. Just to update you on what's been happening - so I started my professional full time job in January which required me to relocate so I had to leave my friends,familiar surroundings and photographer behind. My job also makes me travel quite a lot (I write this post all the way from the Eastern Cape),so you guys can imagine the rollercoaster ride I've been on but I'm not complaining because I prayed for this job.

Anyway moving on to the topic of today's post. Thought I'd share with you guys some products I'm currently using and do a little review on each of them.


Avon Ideal Flawless Pressed Powder (left)
Avon Ideal Flawless Cream-to-powder Foundation (right)


Avon Ideal Flawless Cream-to-powder foundation 
Purchased on promotion  at R119 regular price at R149.95
This foundation has a smooth silky texture. I bought this in Nutmeg shade which was a bit dark for my complexion but upon application it blended well and the difference in shade tone compared to my skin wasn't too noticeable. It's quite rich and thick and gives full coverage with just two coats. It comes with a sponge that helps with the application and to even out the foundation. This isn't my favorite product simply because I've got really oily skin and after wearing it for about 6 hours it leaves my face quite shiny and really oily. It also tends to melt a bit in my t-zone so if you have oily skin and you want to use this product I'd suggest you use a primer and apply a pressed powder to even things out and to achieve a matte look. The foundation didn't wear too long because of my oily skin I think I wore it for about 4 hours and then had to retouch.

Avon Ideal Flawless Pressed Powder
Purchased on Promotion for R99.95,regular price R119.95
The second time I wore the Ideal Flawless Cream-to-powder I used the pressed powder which I bought in the toffee shade. The powder certainly helped with the oiliness and melting of the foundation, I noticed that my skin was matte and it helped increase the longevity of the foundation. The  powder shade was also a bit dark for my skin tone(I can never win at choosing the correct shade for my skin tone -Help!!) but it blended well with the powder and didn't make me look too dark. I would recommend this powder to anyone especially if you have oily skin like myself.


Maybelline Baby Lips


 Maybelline Baby Lips
Purchased for R39.95
I absolutely love this product. It's smooth,moisturizing easy to apply and makes my lips feel great.I love how it doesn't create white residue on my lips if I've worn it for quite some time,it has this minty feeling and leaves my lips feeling somewhat 'refreshed'. I always find myself repurchasing this when I run out - it's that good.
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Cream
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Cream
Purchased for R19.95
This is also another one of my absolute favorite products. In fact I love the entire Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula range. This is actually a travel size body cream but I use this as hand cream. The cream is rich,thick and leaves my hands nourished for a long time. Have I mentioned how amazing it smells? I've got relatively dark hands and knuckles and since I've used this cream on my hands I've noticed a slight lightening difference on them. This right here is everything and more!!


Salon Pro Kate in New Romantic (left)
Tip Top Nailchic (middle)
Essence Colour & Go (right)
Salon Pro Kate in New Romantic (got as a gift)
Tip Top Nailchic R39.99
Essence Colour & Go R19.95
If you know me well you'll know how I absolutely love nail polish and I have a mini collection. I'm currently in love with these colours which is quite weird because it's summer and most people tend to go for the more brighter colours. The Salon Pro and Tip Top last slightly longer than the Essence colour & go but it's nothing a good top coat can't fix.

Let me know what you thought of this post and if you'd like to see more of these,whilst you're at it do share some of the products you're currently using.

Laters.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ads

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe