How To Slay On A Budget

Thursday, August 02, 2018




Looking good and keeping up with the latest trends (if that's your thing) doesn't have to cost you an arm and a leg or break your piggy bank, you can slay whilst on a budget honey and I'll be sharing some of my tips on how to do this.

As most of you guys know I'm a budget blogger, I'm all about saving those coins whilst looking good and below are some of the things I do to get the latest fashion and keep my bank account in check.

DON'T SPEND A LOT ON TRENDY ITEMS

Now I know this might come as a shock to you but I honestly believe in this concept, here's why:
- In the fashion/retail industry trends have a lifespan of a season which is roughly 3 months or can be longer than a year at most, so spending R400 on a belt bag when you can get it for R99.99 at Mr Price (see pic below) would make much more sense to me especially if the trend is not around for more than one season. This is just one example of a trendy item but this tip can be applied to other trendy items such as the small sunglasses,beret, fluffy sliders trend etc.
Belt Bag - R99.99 at Mr Price

Cat Eye Sunglasses - R59.99  at Mr Price

Having said the above there are certain trends you can splurge on as their trend lifespan is longer or it's a trend that has the possibility of returning in the near future and your items will still be trend relevant, these include the faux fur coat, satin duster/kimono, thigh high boots.
Faux Fur Coat
Satin Duster from Legit


SALES, PROMOTIONS AND DISCOUNT COUPONS

Now this next tip is almost like a 'duh','no brainier' but I think it's so useful especially for slaying on a budget. Buying things on a sale, promotion or even discount coupons will save you money girl.
I'm always on the lookout for a good sale or deal and even scout the internet for promotions or discount coupons.
Spree always has promotions or voucher codes on a daily and I've subscribed to their mailing system to receive any promotional marketing information they have (see below)


Legit also has an ongoing promo for 2 for R250 on their basic denim which I think is such a great promotion, 2 jeans for R250 I mean come through Legit!!


THRIFT SHOPPING

I got introduced to Thrift shopping a few years ago and I've never looked back. I've found some of my most treasured items whilst thrift shopping. I don't have a specific store I go to when thrift shopping, I either buy online on those second hand buy/swap/sell pages or I go to the good old 'dunusa' (where you have to sift through a pile of clothes to find items you like, normally out in the open sales or at markets). One thing I like about thrift shopping is that you can sometimes negotiate the price with the vendor and walk away with a great deal.

I bought this lavender coat second hand for R70
I found this navy coat at 'dunusa' a year ago for R80




FACTORY SHOPS AND CLEARANCE STORES

If you live in Durban and aren't familiar with Springfield Value Centre, Stamford Hill Road or Jacobs Factory shops are you even serious about life sis? 
Those places are the PLUG!! when it comes to finding a good brand name bargain. I frequent the Nike factory shop, Cotton On and Triumph at the Springfield Value Centre and I always find a good deal or a massive sale. Stamford Hill Road is also swamped with factory shops, some on Umngeni as well. Mr Price also has a clearance store on Point Road that used to be called Clear Out (they changed the name).
So you see ladies you really don't have to spend lots of money to look stylish and on trend.
I hope the above tips will help you. 
I'd also love to hear your tips on slaying on a budget let me know on the comment section below

Let's slay and save 'em coins!

Laters
Miranda_deigh x♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Ads

Popular Posts

Instagram

Subscribe